Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Psalm 5

The Refuge of the Righteous
For the choir director: with the flutes. A Davidic psalm.
 1 Listen to my words, LORD;
    consider my sighing.   
2 Pay attention to the sound of my cry, 
    my King and my God, 
    for I pray to You.
3 At daybreak, LORD, You hear my voice;
    at daybreak I plead my case to You and watch expectantly.
4 For You are not a God who delights in wickedness;
    evil cannot lodge with You.
5 The boastful cannot stand in Your presence; 
    You hate all evildoers.
6 You destroy those who tell lies; 
    the LORD abhors a man of bloodshed and treachery.
7 But I enter Your house
    by the abundance of Your faithful love; 
    I bow down toward Your holy temple
    in reverential awe of You.
8 LORD, lead me in Your righteousness, 
    because of my adversaries;
    make Your way straight before me.
9 For there is nothing reliable in what they say;
    destruction is within them;
    their throat is an open grave;
    they flatter with their tongues.
10 Punish them, God;
    let them fall by their own schemes. 
    Drive them out because of their many crimes,
    for they rebel against You.
11 But let all who take refuge in You rejoice; 
    let them shout for joy forever.
    May You shelter them, 
    and may those who love Your name boast about You.
12 For You, LORD, bless the righteous one;
    You surround him with favor like a shield.

*****

Oh, the sighing I am doing this week. Each morning has been a struggle to make myself go to work, and because of the way things are going at work, I certainly need to ask God to guide my path. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...