Sunday, September 11, 2011

Psalms 1

The Two Ways
 1 How happy is the man
    who does not follow the advice of the wicked,
    or take the path of sinners,
    or join a group of mockers!
2 Instead, his delight is in the LORD's instruction,
    and he meditates on it day and night.
3 He is like a tree planted beside streams of water
    that bears its fruit in season
    and whose leaf does not wither. 
    Whatever he does prospers.
4 The wicked are not like this;
    instead, they are like chaff that the wind blows away.
5 Therefore the wicked will not survive the judgment, 
    and sinners will not be in the community of the righteous.
6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, 
    but the way of the wicked leads to ruin.       Psalms 1

Hmmm. You think God is trying to remind me that spending time with Him and His word is a good idea? How appropriate that my renewed effort to spend time with God begins with this chapter. What a way for Him to reaffirm what He has been speaking to my heart these last few days. My own life/attitude has not been bearing fruit lately, instead I have been a withered tree not taking advantage of the life giving water He provides. I pray that God will remind me of these verses whenever I start to forget how important time with Him is.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...