Wednesday, January 11, 2012

This is what happens . . .


when I get new snow boots.

If you look really closely through the crack in the fence (on the right), you can kind of see a little snow.

That's right, after holding out for several years, last winter's snow fall had me giving up on the cute boots I had and looking for something a little heavier duty. (Oh, okay, so it also didn't help that the boots I was wearing last year should have been replaced the year before and were letting in all kinds of moisture through the cracks and such. But that is totally beside the point.)

Back when the first snow fell in late November, I started really looking for boots. Well, that first snow fall melted away pretty quickly, but I was sure it was only a matter of days (a couple weeks at most) that there would be much much more snow to replace it. I soon found a pair that would be great, except they were a teensy tiny one size too small. I bought them anyway, thinking that once the lining got matted down a little they would be okay. However, TheHusband wasn't having any of that kind of thinking. He went to two more stores just to find the right size. (Yeah, he's a keeper!)

Only thing is, since he went to all that effort, I've worn the boots a total of three (3) times. And I didn't really need to, I just wanted to. Last year around this time I was posting things like this or this (in Feb), but this year there's hardly any snow at all. When driving up to my mom's for Christmas, it felt more like we were going to visit for Thanksgiving (it's much more common to have a brown Thanksgiving that it is to have a brown Christmas).

I'm not complaining (much). After the brutality of last winter, it's kind of nice to have a reprieve. I would kind of like to be able to use my new boots though.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...