Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Recently Read: The Postcard Killers

I'm a huge James Patterson fan, so when TheHusband picked up The Postcard Killers for me I was quite excited to read it.

The basic story line is Jacob Kanon, a NYPD detective, travels across Europe attempting to track down a pair of serial killers, who happened to kill his daughter and her boyfriend while vacationing in Rome.

He is able to get the assistance of local police, with seemingly little problem, and Dessie, a Swedish crime reporter (and his romantic interest in the book) who received one of the postcards the "Postcard Killers" send after they have killed.

Sadly, I was a bit disappointed in this book. And you can tell that because instead of reading it in one weekend, it actually took me a couple months to finish. I didn't feel like this was up to Patterson's usual standard. I'm not sure if it was because he had a co-writer or if it was something else, but I wasn't really rooting for the main character like I have in most of his other books, and while completely despicable, his antagonists weren't all that compelling either.

Overall, I'd give the book a C. It's not the worst piece of dreck I've ever read, but it's certainly not up to my usual high expectations of Patterson.

Rating: C


These opinions are entirely my own. Neither the author nor his publishing company even know I exist.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...