Friday, March 04, 2011

Serving it up in style!

Stainless steel buffet server
Although we don't get to do it as often as we would like, my husband and I like to entertain. And I LOVE to cook for our guests. Only sometimes it's hard to make sure the food stays warm, especially if you are serving "finger" foods.

So a few years ago, as a Christmas present to myself (and because it was on sale), I bought one of these fancy stainless steel buffet servers. I L.O.V.E it! It works so great at keeping the food warm and moist. You can use it with the three pan inserts or take the top section off and just use the flat surface (great if you have a tray of hors d'oeuvres you want to keep warm). Plus with the adjustable temperature, you just can't go wrong.

I've used it for:
-LAN Parties (egg rolls, taquitos, and pizza rolls).
-A Ballpark Buffet (hot dogs, brats, and Italian sausages). This was a work party!
-A Breakfast Buffet (French toast, pancakes, and sausages). This was at work too!
-Finger Food Nights (chicken nuggets, tator tots, pizza rolls, etc)

AND my favorite use for it is when I'm making chocolate covered pretzels or other chocolate treats. I just take the upper section off and adjust the temperature. I use my large Pyrex measuring cup to melt the chocolate and then set that on the flat surface of the buffet. It's perfect for keeping the chocolate at the right consistency so I don't have to rush what I'm doing or keep making trips to the microwave to remelt the chocolate. Plus, if I'm working with a bunch of colored/flavored chocolates there's plenty of space to have them in their separate bowls!

The buffet I have looks like the one in the photo, but they come in a variety of sizes and styles. Also, the one I linked to just happens to be at the red bullseye store, but you can find them almost anywhere that small kitchen appliances are sold.


Disclaimer: I was not compensated in any way for my review of this product, neither the store linked to, nor the manufacturer of the linked product solicited my opinion or are even aware of my review. My opinions are entirely my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...