Thursday, November 10, 2011

DST = No sleep

Daylight Savings Time (DST) is killing me. Or really the transition from DST back to normal time is wreaking havoc on me and the ATC household. I've always had problems with the transition to DST in the Spring. I'd have headaches and feel out of sync for a couple days, but then I'd be fine. The transition back to regular time has never been an issue.

This year things are different. This year there is TheAnnabelle and TheDexter. This furry duo, who are normally my partners in napping, have decided that their internal clocks are not getting reset like all the other clocks in the house. Nope, not this time.

TheAnnabelle has taken to waking me up at 3:00AM. Since I'm normally semi-conscious around that time (usually just enough to roll over to find a new "comfortable" position to sleep) it didn't seem like such a big deal at first. But each morning she has been getting more insistent that I actually WAKE.UP.ALREADY! purrrrr TheDexter has started to assist her in this mission. He wanders the upstairs meowing as loud as he can.

This morning TheHusband got up at 4:00AM because he just couldn't take it anymore. I followed him into the office at about 4:30. The office = refuge from the furry terrorists. *sigh* How sad is it that we have taken to hiding in our office to get away from our daily wake up "call"? Pretty sad, I know.

If anyone has any tips in regard to how to change the internal clock of a cat, the ATC house would be greatly appreciative if you would share your wisdom with us. We desperately need some sleep.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...