Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Electronics Fear Me!

Apparently, I am so good at my job that my mere presence can resolve problems with the electronics. Here are two examples:

1. My coworker, in the next cubicle, was getting an error message when she was starting her computer this morning. Also troublesome, was the fact that her normal array of desktop icons was not showing up. After attempting to reboot twice she asked if I could take a look. All I did was stand there and watch while she rebooted again, and everything worked perfectly!


2. About a half hour later, a manager from one of our dining locations called and let me know that their card reader was "completely dead". Turns out it wasn't powering up, and she wasn't sure if it was the power cord or the reader itself. I quickly reprogrammed a reader for her location and grabbed a power cord so I could test both possibilities. When I arrived at the location I plugged the original reader into the original power cord (for testing purposes) and it worked just fine. Both the manager and the cashier were baffled because they had tried three different power outlets (one on the other side of the building) and couldn't get it to power up. Yes, I did leave the back up reader and power cord there just in case, but it's been a few hours and I haven't gotten any reports of it being broken again!

You just have to love days like that, when your mere presence just makes things better. And now that I've jinxed my golden touch, all I can say is that I hope you are having a great day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...