Tuesday, November 01, 2011

My Favorite Part about Writing

What's not to like about writing? Okay, I know there are many people out there that find writing very difficult, but for me, oh my, I do love it. I've been thinking about this for a bit and I've managed to narrow it down to just a few things:

1. It's therapeutic. For me, writing is the best form of therapy there is. I can honestly say that even though I don't use my bachelor's degree in Creative Writing in my "day job" much, getting that degree was the best therapy EVER. Through my writing classes I was able to process and let go of a lot of things about my childhood that I had kept inside for way too long. Are there things that I still have issues with? Oh sure, but they aren't eating me alive anymore. Phew! Best investment ever.

2. It's musical. I'm not going to be modest here, I totally sing like a ROCK STAR! But only when I'm in my car, alone, with the windows rolled up. If you were to catch me singing anywhere else, you would know that even though I love music, I am a horrible singer. I'm okay with that though. Even though God didn't give me the gift of a beautiful voice or the ability to play a musical instrument He did give me a love of rhythm and tempo and writing allows me to indulge in that love without hurting anyone else's ears.

3. It's outgoing. I am, by nature (and partially nurture), an introvert. Even though I love people it is often difficult for me to overcome my introvert-ness and be "out" there. Writing allows me the ability to be more extroverted and share myself with the world through blogging and writing in general.

So that's what I like most about writing. How about you? Anything you like about writing (your own or anyone else's)?

To read blogs by others participating in the NaBloPoMo November 2011 event click on the NaBloPoMo graphic to the left.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...