Saturday, November 12, 2011

What to do when the lights go out?

I was merrily frittering away the day when all of a sudden the lights turned off. The power had gone out.  It actually took me a few seconds to realize it, because the computer I was working on stayed powered up.  Then I remembered it was running on battery power. (Yeah, I'm a little "blonde" sometimes.)  So I adjusted the power settings to get as much time as I could from the battery and finished watching the remainder of the episode of SG-1 that was in the memory buffer.

Once that was done, I worked a little bit on a project I've been mulling over for a couple weeks. I still had oodles of time on the battery, but decided that I would take advantage of the quiet. I grabbed my Nook and crawled in bed with TheAnnabelle and TheDexter. As I read, I could hear the sound of kids playing outside, which confirmed my thought that the power had gone out in the whole neighborhood.

Next thing I knew the phone was ringing. It was TheHusband calling on his way home from work. I had fallen asleep and so had the kitties. The power was still out so TheHusband and I decided to go to the laundromat. The power came on before we left, but we went anyway.

So that's what I do when the power goes out. How about you?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...